Recently, RACGP have made a few changes to the process and requirements for the assessment of overseas and Australian experience. To give you an idea of the points you should be aware of when completing your GP experience assessment application, our team have put together the following information.
Please note, this is just a quick overview of RACGP’s changes, if you have specific questions or you need help, give us a call!
• The CV format has changed
• The icon to indicate feedback in the application that must be addressed has changed
• Several pages have been removed including the Introduction, Reason for Assessment and Other Experience
• There is now auto calculation of the duration of your employment based on the dates provided
• Minimum and maximum working hours limited based on policy (see “General Practice Working Hours” below)
• Streamlined page layout for International and Australian experience
• Sections of your application which have been approved by the Assessors will not be editable if the application is returned to you to address feedback
• The indemnity and statutory declaration form has changed (see “Statutory Declaration Form” below)
This is one of the biggest changes. Here are the key points:
• Hand written CVs will no longer be accepted, you must have your CV typed
• The CV must be comprehensive and will include the same information as required by AHPRA CV’s
• Any gaps in clinical practice from graduation to present greater than 3 months must be included
To start off with, you will need to log into RACGP and commence your time assessment application. To access the pro-forma CV template, you will need to download the CV template from your application specifically. The RACGP pro-forma CV template is now a PDF document, that looks like this:
Please note, you will no longer be able to access the CV template as a downloadable word document via the RACGP website.
The hours per week has been limited to no less than 10 hours per week and no more than 38 hours per week based on minimum part time and maximum full time, as defined in RACGP’s Assessment of General Practice Experience Policy
To ensure continuity of care from a job, the RACGP have advised that the minimum hours per week are 10.5 hours over three sessions and no less than two days. The maximum number of hours per week assessed is 38 hours. If you work more hours than this, it will not be considered – it is capped at 38 hours per week.
The evidence and verifiable documents required for International experience assessment has changed slightly. For each job you must supply at least:
• 100 points of evidence and
• one piece of independently verifiable information.
Please make sure you read through the below list of revised supporting documentation:
This form has changed, it has been combined to include the indemnity section. However, an Authorised Witness still needs to list your verified documents.
RACGP’s processing timeframes have not changed. It will take up to 10 weeks to be assessed from the time of receiving a complete application. Note, this time frame could increase if you are requested to provide additional information, or clarification on any of your documents.
Do I have to be a member to submit my application?
• No, you don’t need to hold a paid membership to lodge your application online, however you will need to create a log in to do so.
Can I complete a manual application and avoid the online process?
• All applications must be submitted online, you can compete the supporting documents as hand written but it is preferred that they are computerised.
Can I use the same position description for each of my previous jobs?
• It’s best to include specific information about your duties and supply a detailed position description for each position. If all of the information is the same, RACGP may have concerns about it and may discount those jobs and only consider the one.
• Please make sure you read as you go here, if you don’t attach your supporting documents to the application correctly the system will allow you to submit the application without including all attachments, however when it comes time to assess through RACGP, if not all of the documents are provided, your application may be rejected. All documents need to be uploaded in PDF format at a maximum of 4MB.
If you are looking for further guidance on RACGP time assessment applications or would like to ask further questions about the changes mentioned, this is something our team can help you with. Contact us directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.
People Medical Consulting are a team of professionals with a passion for guiding those specialising in the Medical industry to find their career pathway and settle into Australia. Working with both Australian trained and Overseas trained professionals, we have extensive experience in Recruitment of General Practitioners, Migration for all with a special emphasis on Medical and Document Assistance for those requiring support with RACGP, AHPRA, 19AA and 19AB Medicare Exemptions.